What does a Physiotherapy treatment involve?
An initial consultation involves our Chartered Physiotherapist asking a series of questions to learn about your problem. Based on these findings, our Physiotherapist will then ask you to perform certain movements to further diagnose the source and cause of your problem. During the initial assessment there is also time for some hands-on treatment to relieve your pain. You will also be prescribed some home exercises and given advice on how you can help speed up your recovery.
What will I wear or do I need to bring anything?
We advise that you wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes to your appointment. If your area of injury is in the lower limbs we recommend that you bring a pair of shorts, we have facilities for you to change where needed. If you have X-ray or MRI results it is a good idea to bring these so we can take a copy with your permission.
What is the cost of a session?
- Our Standard Consultation fee is €60. This includes physiotherapy, sports physiotherapy, sports/deep tissue massage and dry needling.
- Shockwave Therapy €90.
- Custom Made Orthotics €320.
- Solicitor/Legal Cases Prices are arranged through your chosen solicitor.
Is there a late cancellation/no show fee?
Yes we have a very strict cancellation policy;
Our cancellation policy:
- All cancellations within 24 hours of an appointment will be subject to the full charge associated with your appointment.
- Any cancellations more than 24 hours prior to appointment will not be subject to a charge
- Failing to attend more than two appointments within a 12 month period a deposit of €60 must be paid to secure your appointment. This will be used as a credit against treatment. This can be paid in cash if you come in to the clinic or you can pay by credit card over the phone. This will be returned if more than 24 hours notice is given if cancelling this appointment.
Can I claim on my health insurance?
Our Physiotherapists are all members of The Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP). Consequently your treatments are usually covered by VHI, Laya, Aviva, Glo Health and all other major private health insurance providers. Please note that coverage may vary depending on your plan and your insurance company, therefore, please check your provider and policy to see how much they will reimburse prior to visiting us.
When can I get an appointment?
We hope to give you an appointment at the earliest available opportunity. Early treatment means a speedier recovery.
How can I pay?
We accept cash, cheque and all major credit and debit cards at Physio Performance. Payment must be made after each appointment and receipts are always provided.
What if I need to see a specialist or if I require surgery?
We have established close relationships with local G.P’s, Consultants & Specialists so we can arrange a referral for you if you need one. We will help you decide the best course of action and advise you on possible outcomes etc. We can also advise you if you need referral for X-ray, MRI, Blood Tests etc.